Thursday, October 19, 2006

Pie fights and other assorted foolishness

Everyone else is talking about it, so it is probably time I started too... The pie fight. Oh, my goodness!!!! There is nothing quite like taking a handful of pie and smashing it into one of your friends face while a bunch of unsuspecting guild members watch on. *Sigh* I think half the fun was the smooshing and the other half was walking around licking my face and telling people I taste good. I give pie fights two thumbs up.

I have fabric, patterns, and a great idea for my Dicken's dress. I realized this afternoon that I could use frogs to close the bodice.... How wonderful!!! This is going to be tacky, and swooshy, and absolutely faboo!! I don't know why I am getting excited about sewing again. I just finished saying no to a lot of other sewing jobs. And starting in the new year I have several more lined up. But I am happy. I am excited. I am crazy.

Speaking of which... The job interview went really well. But I am not getting the job. I was completely honest and while I had a lot of the qualifications they were looking for I am also lacking in case management and I am planning on going to grad school soon. Both are black marks against me. But that's fine. It will be better working for EHC and going to school. I can probably swing both of those while a real job would probably kill me. Speaking of going back to school. I am in the process of getting my application ready for San Jose State. I don't actually believe I will be accepted, but at least I will know what classes and such I need to work on to be accepted later. On the 30th I am going to an informational meeting. It's pretty cool. I'm kinda excited. And totally scared.

And now I will give you a picture from faire. I just received this one and kinda like it. I actually have my mouth shut, no strange faces, and look all pretty. Go me. Speaking of pictures, a picture of me might be appearing in a magazine. And one of Chris as well. But I will keep everyone posted on that as I learn more.

On Monday I am taking my poor broken baby in to get fixed. I have a check from USAA for seven hundred and something dollars and a confirmation number from Enterprise rent a car. (Apparently I am going to be driving around in style in a mid-sized car) So by Wednesday I should be back on the road with a non-broken car. Just in time to drive down to LA. Oh yes, Gencon is only three weeks away. Fear it. Love it. Just get me some vacation time before I yell on of my students.

Look for me in the funny papers,
and try the veal.

No comments: