Friday, October 13, 2006

Tra-la-la

The insurance guy has made his decision. The bumper cover needs to be replaced. And how much do you think a bumper cover costs... Interestingly enough 300 bucks. Really. I'm not kidding. But the insurance guy sent all of my paperwork to the body shop the dealership said to go to. And the body shop called me and set up an appointment for the 23rd. That means I need a rental car for three days, but the insurance company will be covering that too. This is almost easy. I kinda like it when the companies get together and make my life better.

We (the office staff)just got back from a goodbye lunch for one of our office mates. He is heading off to NYC. I'm jealous. Another one of my office mates is on vacation for the next three weeks. She is also going to NYC. I'm sensing a trend. I wanna go on vacation too!!! (Soon, my precious, soon) But lunch was excellent. Thai food. I have a curry belly. (Not to be confused with a burrito belly... those are dangerous)

Eleven yards of forest green taffeta. It will be here next week. Two new victorian patterns. They will be here next week. I was pricing pre-made stuff online. I really should give up my day job and sew... I could make bank. People are selling simple skirts for 150 bucks. And full dresses for upwards of 500. I mean really! So instead I spent 75 on fabric and 20 on patterns. Just you wait until I have to buy trim. It's not going to be pretty... well, it will be pretty, but most likely very expensive. Ah, sewing for the common good.

What else, what else. It's closing weekend of faire. Which is good. I'm tired and need a weekend to myself. Realistically I am not going to have a full one of those until the new year, but at least I won't be bored.

Alright, I'm off to do work. I really need to.

Tah.

1 comment:

blue-foot Sue said...

Are these co-workers leaving a case of writing-on-the-wall, rats and sinking ships?
You predicted that October would be a problem.
I hope your interview is a good one!!!