Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Free tickets are worth what you pay


I don't think I need to go into great detail about to which performance I am referring to. But I will anyway. Camelot... All the hype, none of the hot pink stretch velvet, over acting, and not quite on key singing. (Well, OK there was all of that and more) Oh, and did I forget the lame (pretend there is an accent there). Ah, but with Ms. B by my side... a stunning romp through downtown SJ looking for a parking garage, and a midnight drive over 17... How could I be upset. Really. I'm not. Those parts were great. Now if only someone would get this poor company a better costumer... and perhaps a voice coach... and while I'm at it, acting lessons. Then i whole heartedly recommend this production.

Otherwise, it was almost worth the $5.50 we spent on parking. Almost.

And now I will quote my favorite part "one spawkwing dwap". That's right folks... The final sentence, the culmination of all of the efforts of that night and he suddenly developed a lisp. *sigh* I love the theater.

1 comment:

blue-foot Sue said...

It's actually an l/r speech impediment like Elmer Fudd. "That wasscawy wabbit!"